YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME) is a leading provider of global audience technologies, curating relationships between brand advertisers and consumers of premium video content across a growing range of connected devices. Combining data-driven technologies with deep insight into audience behavior, YuMe offers brand advertisers end-to-end marketing software that establishes greater brand resonance with engaged consumers. It is the evolution of brand advertising for an ever-expanding video ecosystem. YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with worldwide offices. For more information, visit www.YuMe.com
To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams, including FP&A, Marketing and Legal teams. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support our continued success. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare G/L entries to properly account for company’s activities
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for assigned areas
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
- Ensure that transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the financial statements
- Adherence to GAAP with respect to all accounting interpretations and application
- Assist in implementation of new policies and procedures
- Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
- Provide support to special requests from FP&A, Tax and the business units
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of two to four years of experience
- Oracle R12 Cash Management and Fixed Asset experience required
- Accounting experience in a multi-country/currency or publicly-traded company a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP functions, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail. Strong analytical skills and accuracy a must.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meets critical deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
YuMe Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.