Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Elko, NV, is looking for
Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician
If you have a strong mechanical or electrical background and strong diagnostic skills, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology welcomes you to consider this fantastic opportunity!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician, you will complete pre-delivery inspections, start-up and commissioning, and training on new and used mobile equipment to ensure machine complies with OEM standards. The Startup, Commissioning, and Training Technician is also responsible for executing the duties of a site coordinator during equipment delivery and commissioning projects. The technician will also train customers on additional systems such as TCAD+, iSure and other drilling and bolting mining procedures.
Additionally, the Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician will:
- Lead groups JHA reviews and plans, schedule others for customer site safety training activities
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and identify defects that prevent optimum operation
- Work at a Subject Matter Expert Level of expertise for loading, hauling, drilling, and bolting equipment
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Need to build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Behave as a safety leader and is called on as a safety mentor for others
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance to Company Values and current Company Policies
- Train customers on proper warranty claim procedures
- Test equipment to ensure proper operational performance is attained after major repair
The Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician must have the ability to work a varied shift schedule, travel as required, and work in an underground environment.
You possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a minimum of 5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment. Experience with underground and/or surface mining equipment, hydraulics, and electrical systems are highly preferred. You are a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills and the ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers. You are flexible and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve customer satisfaction.
The Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician will also possess:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Startup, Commissioning and Training Technician position, JO #356003
SMRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.