KeyLogic Systems is growing our Subsurface Analysis Team.
The Subsurface Energy Analyst will work with the Pittsburgh-based Subsurface Analysis Team to support the development of technologies related to geologic carbon storage, enhanced oil recovery, oil and gas operations, produced water production and management, and geothermal energy. The candidate must apply sound principles and analytical leadership to the area of energy-related subsurface analysis. The candidate is expected to quickly learn all the tools and procedures currently in use, and make immediate impact on ongoing initiatives. The candidate must have the flexibility to work independently or in a team setting, depending on the particular work initiative. The candidate is expected to add significant value to client tasks, especially to the interpretation and communication of complex subsurface results and data, as well as add new technical capability to the Subsurface Analysis Team.
Subsurface Energy Analyst Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- Masters degree or PhD is a plus
- 2+ years of working experience in a related field or in government contracting
Senior Subsurface Energy Analyst Position Requirements:
- Experience in an R&D project environment
- Experience managing accounts and associated budgets
- Experience managing and directing team personnel
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations relating to the injection and extraction of fluids from the subsurface
- Familiarity with operations associated with conventional and unconventional iol and gas exploration and production
- Familiarity with or experience evaluating/designing produced water treatment technologies
- Ability to communicate scientific and technical concepts effectively in reports, technical documents, and presentations
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Fortran, and Visual Basic) and the ability to build analytical tools and models
- Experience with data analytic tools (like Tableau)
- Quickly learn and assess technologies, data, operations, and regulations related to subsurface energy systems, including geologic carbon storage, conventional and unconventional oil and gas, and geothermal energy
- Review and interpret data from geophysical logs, cross-sections, and other types of publicly-available data
- Interact with federal clients as well as team subcontractors. Discuss work status pertaining to quality, adherence to schedule, and cost
- Support the development of our client's open-source geologic and economic models pertaining to onshore subsurface storage of CO2, offshore subsurface of CO2, and CO2-enhanced oil recovery. Assist in the development of model user manuals
- Support efforts to review publicly-available geologic and oil/water/gas production data and characterize/quantify potential subsurface resources (like CO2 storage capacity, oil and gas metrics, and KPIs) and work towards developing associated R&D targets
- Compile study findings (including presentation of data) into publishable, quality deliverables
- Prepare technical summary reports, graphs and tables, communication products, and articles based on research projects related to the subsurface
- Make recommendations on administrative or technical work direction and ensure the highest achievement of clientele programmatic, project, or organizational objectives
- Travel to technical conference and meetings (occasionally, as needed)
KeyLogic is a highly successful provider of professional and engineering services. We specialize in solutions that enable our customers to make better decisions for their organization. KeyLogic’s performance has earned the company a solid reputation for high standards, proactive solutions, and an outstanding commitment to the customer, best exemplified by the fact we have never had a one-time federal customer — all of our customers have provided repeat business.
KeyLogic has achieved seventeen consecutive years of growth since its founding in 1999. Our client list includes the Department of Defense (DoD), where we provide services for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the U.S. Army and Navy, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Departments of Labor (DOL), Energy (DOE), Transportation (DOT) and Treasury (including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)), General Services Administration (GSA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
KeyLogic has successfully attained a Capability Maturity Model Integration for Development (CMMI-DEV) Maturity Level 3 Rating. CMMI-DEV is a process improvement approach for software engineering and organizational development that provides organizations with the essential best practices needed to meet business goals. Only three-percent of small and medium federal contractors have achieved CMMI Maturity Level 3. KeyLogic joins this distinguished group.
KeyLogic Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.