About the Job
Blue Water Community Action
JOB TITLE:Support Services Manager
SUPERVISOR:Children’s Services Associate Director
The purpose of theSupport Services Manager is to manage the operation of the Health, safety and Nutrition Services areas in accordance with Head Start Performances Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – JOB SPECIFIC
- Screenings: Ensure program participants complete required health and nutrition screenings/ assessments in a timely manner and conductfollow-upwhen screening outcomes indicate need, per program requirements.
- Health: Ensure program participants complete health and dental requirements and conduct follow-up when needed per program requirements.
- Supervision: Supervision of data entry, secretary and transportationspecialist ensuring program requirements aremet.
- Monitor: Conduct on-going monitoring to ensureall health and nutrition required are met.
- Trainings: Plan and implement trainings as identified for direct reports and other staff.
- Develop: Develop and implement a plan of action that will meet a child’s health and nutrition needs, that includes participation by parents, staff, and related professionals.
- Support: Assist with day to day staff and parent questions or concerns.
- Collaborate: Network with other community agencies that provide services to low income families and children
- Coordinate: Coordinate a Health Services Advisory Committee that meets annually.
- Maintain: Maintain a current listing of available health resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – ORGANIZATIONAL
- Demonstration of Values: Understand BWCA’s mission and purpose. Adhere to BWCA standards of conduct, program philosophy (where applicable), and cultural contract.
- Customer Service: Provide high quality customer service in a prompt, respectful, and professional manner. Conduct formal/informal assessment of eligibility for BWCA programs and make referrals as appropriate.
- Quality of Work: Consistently perform job duties accurately and timely; cost conscious when utilizing materials and resources; seek opportunities for improving processes; and, meet commitments and deadlines.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change and to recommendations for improving job performance in a positive manner.
- Safety: Demonstrate safe work habits. Report unsafe conditions and incidents. Participate in the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
- Teamwork: Effectively participate as a team member at multiple organizational levels and across departments.
- Goals: Understand and meet organizational goals/objectives related to position including agency strategic plan, ROMA plan, and Children’s Services Strategic Plan as well as taking on duties that are not related to position as supports for management staff/support staff to reach goals/objectives. MGT: Team achieves outcomes.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with other staff, clients, partners, and the public in a manner that is tactful, sensitive, and respectful. Demonstrate active listening. Body language and tone are consistent with verbal messages. Demonstrates friendly, positive “can do” attitude: Oral and written communications are clear, concise and accurate; Keep team members informed.
- Confidentiality: Maintain confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Improvement: Continually improve skills through a variety of opportunities external and internal with particular attention to areas identified in the Professional Development Plan and other goals set related to improvement. Improve outcomes results of assessments related to job position, client outcomes, and organizational goals. Attend staff pre/in-services and other training opportunities as available.
- Compliance to Policy: Understand and comply with organization and regulating policies and procedures including the reporting of child/adult abuse/neglect as required by law.
- Bachelor degree in Health and Nutrition or related field.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience and/or education preferred in Early Childhood.
- Demonstrate human interaction skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Blue Water Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, sex or handicap.