Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-TSD, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to work out of the Virginia Beach, VA office.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop network engineering architectures to support overall system requirements. Work in a team environment to develop the projects’ products in accordance with defined processes. Contribute to technical interchange meetings, preliminary and critical design reviews in areas relative to network communications
· Participate in configuration development and testing of network devices, such as: routers, switches, firewalls, network encryptors and intrusion prevention/detection systems
· Develop documentation products relative to network architectures. Examples include: network diagrams, engineering change proposals, field change procedures, technical manuals, bills of material, cost analysis, meeting minutes, and periodic reports using various Microsoft Office software applications
· Lead/participate in internal or external project reviews
· Work closely, collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the development teams including government, contractor, and academic members
· Support the full acquisition life cycle
Qualifications and Experience:
· Good communication and documentation skills are a must
· The successful candidate will have a good familiarity with Department of Defense Acquisition, Requirements and Navy technical review processes
· 3-5 years of hands-on experience working on networking equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems. Demonstrate technical competence using common network engineering configuration and troubleshooting tools. (e.g. PuTTY, TFTP, FTP, Syslog, Wireshark, etc)
· A bachelor of science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Possess Cisco certification(s) (e.g. CCNA/CCNP Route-Switch, CCNA/CCNP Security, etc.)
· Possess an excellent familiarity with the Linux, Windows, Cisco IOS and IOS XE operating systems
· Familiarity with distributed training technology, including the High Level Architecture (HLA) and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols
· Familiarity with U.S. Navy Aegis and SSDS Combat Systems
All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
See Job Description