Metro Prep High School, Grade School and Laureate Day School have been educating and supporting students with special needs for over 25 years supported by FGC.
Using a multidisciplinary approach, Metro Prep provides educational and therapeutic learning opportunities in a small, nurturing environment. This allows our staff to tailor each student’s program to meet his or her individual needs.
Our staff is comprised of state-certified special education teachers and state-licensed counselors. The Principal and Clinical Director oversee the administration of school operations and therapeutic programming. Our milieu is small by design and we maintain an optimal student to teacher ratio of 5:1 or 10:2. We believe that this ensures the best instructional environment for our students and promotes prompt clinical availability.
- To collaborate with co-workers in the implementation of the IEP.
- To develop curriculum to meet each student’s individual needs as indicated on the IEP.
- To maintain an IEP for each student and update the IEP quarterly and for the students annual review by using collected data.
- To complete an educational summary for each student quarterly and upon completion dismissal of the program.
- To prepare quarterly report cards.
- To attend district staffings as required.
- To attend all required staff meetings and in-services.
- To participate in weekly planning and prepare (plan and copy) for at least one week at a time.
- To maintain attendance, grade book and lesson plans for each student
- To maintain and upkeep an inventory of classroom materials.
- To be responsible for classroom maintenance/organization, classroom rules (posted), point sheets (if applicable), peer review, etc.
- To maintain a substitute file containing: lesson, plans, class rules, class procedures, and any other material needed to run your classroom on a daily basis.
- To chaperone field trips as needed.
- To monitor students during lunch.
- To collaborate with teachers to review new curriculum materials as needed.
- To help maintain milieu management when no student are in class.
- To adhere to and support the philosophy of Metro Prep and Laureate Day School
- To assist staff in crisis intervention and physical management as needed
Number of Open Positions: 1
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Start Date: August 7, 2017