About the Job
StamfordHealthis seeking an individual to join ourRadiologyAdministration departmentas aTeleradiology Aide. This is aPer Diem(7.5hrs/weekly minimum) primarilyworkingbetween the hours of 8am to 5pm position. This individual will also fill in for others shifts, holidays and vacations. Schedule flexibility is critical for thisposition.
The general duties of the Teleradiology Aideisto assist in the effective management of routine and time-sensitive Radiology exams based upon onsite and offsite coverage,transcribe current and available prior imaging and history in order to provide offsite Radiologists with the required information for accurate finalized reports.
Apply today for thisamazingopportunity to join a great team and organization.
- Accountable for the accurate transcription of exam imaging, information, and history from onsite imaging/medical records system to the TeleRadiology imaging system
- Works with onsite Radiologists to manage caseload efficiently based upon available resources, maintaining expected TAT (turn-around times) and standard of care
- Monitors and reports any delays in read times or technical issues to the appropriate staff members
- Assists Physicians and other medical staff in locating a Radiologist if requested
- Assists in other clerical duties including directing phone calls, general office work, and taking messages
- Works with the Operational PACS Administrator on assigned tasks and projects
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Fluency in MS Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Office, and MS IE is required
- Familiarity with office equipment and operation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both within a team and independently in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with medical terminology, but not required
- Familiarity with Internet Based services and basic knowledge of networking systems preferred, but not required
- Prior experience in customer support preferred, but not required