Test Architect - Automation/Cloud
CTG is aiding our client in the Healthcare Industry locate a Test Architect with a strong Cloud and Automation Testing background. This is a Permanent position in the Minneapolis area with our client. It offers a salary + bonus compensation structure.
We seek a doer--someone who can not only architect an automated test framework but is also capable of implementing it.
Location: Minneapolis, MN area
Duration: Permanent, full-time employment
Pay Terms: W-2 only
This position is responsible for designing and architecting the QA standards and the actual test regimen for medical device software. You will also be responsible to bring state of the art tools and methodologies used in today’s Cloud based enterprise systems to build a Test Automation framework that complies with our client's Quality System and that scales to meet future needs.
Perform verification test activities for heart-related Software products on our next generation enterprise Clinician and Patient Care Management system. This exciting new system will be the basis of our disease management platform and continue to provide remote monitoring of over 1M patients in 80 geographies. Develop tests for web based, mobile, and custom medical device applications by designing, implementing, and executing tests for the verification of software requirements.
The ideal candidate is a software engineer with object oriented programming experience capable of analyzing software requirements, defining extensible test scenarios, and developing automated tests (in C#) to verify cloud based web software in the medical device industry.
- Define and communicate the test automation vision, high-level roadmap, overall test architecture and engineering considerations to the entire development and test team.
- Research and Propose tool & technology choices for delivering high quality, performant and scalable cloud services.
- Share automation best practices & set high standards for the entire team to build consistent maintainable automation & automation subsystems.
- Play role of technical product owner with the test team to set right priorities and assess progress on test deliverables.
- Technical voice of the test team with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works directly with product architects and engineering team to build testability into the products.
- Guiding Proof-of-concept (POC) projects and development of major test components in the system.
- Architect and Design solutions for Quality Processes, Testing & Automation Strategies and Test Execution Systems – to deliver scalable cloud services.
- Define the overall continuous integration and test automation strategy.
- Architect and implement the DevOps process and tools in a Cloud based environment.
- Build metrics and automated systems for gathering/analyzing quality checkpoints.
- Lead a team of engineers by providing technical guidance.
- Collaborate with broader engineering teams to define and implement best practices.
- Participate actively in all the stages of project lifecycle.
- Operate on complex tasks/projects with minimal guidance
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- Ability to organize and lead testing efforts and the ability to define a test strategy.
- Experience in developing test automation tools and frameworks with hands on technical and programming skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication.
- Experience developing/testing Cloud Solutions.
- Experience in DevOps for Cloud Solutions.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with testing services in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud.
- Design/test experience working with regulated medical devices.
- Experience in deployment automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience building DevOps and Test automation capabilities from ground up for a complex cloud based solution.
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
Email your resume to the Recruiter at email@example.comHelp . Or, you may call Craig directly at 919-457-2371.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.