The Operations Excellence Supervisor supports the Operation to ensure it meets and exceeds customer service and quality objectives. He/She assists with the development, assessment and alignment of service goals with company objectives. This position also supports the implementation of training activities and provides operational support.
This position is responsible for analyzing performance metrics and ensuring service processes and procedures align with business objectives. This includes gathering performance trend data and determining improvement areas where appropriate. He/She develops monthly performance goals. The Operations Excellence Supervisor position tracks and evaluates service objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in balanced scorecard elements development to align with corporate strategies
- Serves as training assistant to support performance
- Maintains and updates databases to ensure Operational Excellence data availability
- Conducts service trend analyses to determine the best service improvement strategies
- Records best practices and service trends
- Prepares formal staff meeting reports on service elements
Knowledge and Skills
- Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses related to people, technology and information.
- Applies broad and general understanding of human factors and ergonomics to the use of physical items and interfaces and collaborates with others to specify needs or changes.
- Applies knowledge of company structure and operations and of technology trends and best practices to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Identifies root causes of recurrent workflow failures through the analyses of data to recommend design changes in work methods, processes or flows.
- Establishes new report generation processes; identifies emerging trends that impact information retrieval and reporting; determines standards for report generation, maintenance, and distribution; writes highly complex queries to generate ad-hoc, customized reports; creates templates for standardized report creation; writes macros to automate queries; instructs others in the creation and maintenance of reports.
- Identifies the key indicators of performance for individuals, departments, and/or groups; creates measures and determines the desired results; recommends methods for measurement (surveys, observation, recordkeeping, etc.) and a measurement plan; sets meaningful goals for individuals, departments, and/or groups; conducts routine individual performance assessments and outlines potential implications of performance shortcomings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field - Preferred
- Experience supervising employees - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity