About the Job
Vice President, Direct and Channel Development- Americas
We are seeking an accomplished Business Development executive to drive our client’s partner development and sales in the Americas. Reporting to the CEO, this executive is a key member of the senior management team, and s/he will be expected to develop and grow a team as appropriate given the attainment of growth objectives. The VP, Direct and Channel Development will identify and recruit new business partners while further enhancing and growing existing relationships. This executive will be an experienced and highly motivated strategic business development professional who understands what is required to grow partners and customers.
- Identify and recruit partners in the Americas. Manage these partners on an ongoing basis and ensure that localized needs andrequirements are met appropriately.
- Identify, create, and execute strategic plans that will drive growth for the Global Partners within their uniquemarkets.
- Develop an overall go-to-market plan to identify opportunities and partners consistent with client’s objectives, with partners in allgeographies.
- Meet or exceed all revenue targets.
- Develop and provide regular forecasting and account managementreporting.
- Understand and communicate the business value and ROI ofproducts and solutions to partners andcustomers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (continued)
- Develop robust and lasting business relationships at all levels in each key partneraccount.
- Execute campaigns and partner programs, working closely with VP of Worldwide Marketing.
- Follow up on all leads supplied.
- Be the central point of contact for partners and work on their behalf with all other functional departments withinour client.
- Develop a playbook for onboarding new partners, including all contractual, education and ongoing supportneeds.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience leading enterprise software sales as well as business development through partners and alliances with proven results.
- Demonstrated record of success managing Partner development, with specific experience in the Americas.
- Will have an appropriate understanding of and sensitivity to cultures and businesspractices.
- Should have experience in Value Based Selling.
- Experience with sales and implementation of network management, application monitoring and management, and infrastructure a plus, although not an absolute requirement.
- The selected candidate will possess strong communication skills as well as problem-solving and overall leadershipskills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present with all levels of management
- Must have the ability to work wellindependently.
- Should have an appropriate Bachelor's Degree or globalequivalent.
- Business travel within the region (occasionally globally)is expected for thisposition
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND CULTURAL FIT
- Team Focused. Will work with and communicate openly within the organization at alllevels.
- Must have a high level of integrity.
- A visionary, with the ability to recognize opportunity.
- A leader; someone people will trust, like and respect. Is highly credible.
- Open communicator of ideas and willing to stand behind and support his/her opinions.
- Has a collaborative operating style, and knows when to ask for help.
- Is proactive vs. reactive.
- Motivated by a high need for achievement. Competitive, with the need to win.