Sort it. Wrap it. Ship it. Own it. Sounds a little like a game, but it’s Amazon’s game – that is if you’re in one of our high-speed, high-tech sortation centers. Ready to play, join the team today! Amazon is looking for Part-Time Associates to join the team at our sortation center in Kenosha, WI.
Please see our on-the-spot job offers daily: www.amazon.com/kenoshajobs
Know someone great? Bring a friend to apply and be entered to win a $50 gift card!
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Sortation center:
- Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes… following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
- Cool with Casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday, every day.
- We like to keep you on your toes, associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Temperature in the sort center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- Sorting packages based on size and destination, it can be a little like Tetris with boxes, envelopes and pallets.
- Pumped up kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
- Building pallets, wrapping pallets, transporting pallets with pallet jack, and sorting packages and pallets. Did someone say pallets?
- All hands on deck! You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- On the move – you should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
- Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment, special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
- ‘Round we go. Associates will be manually wrapping finished pallets, which means moving in a sideways, circular motion several times in a row. You’ve got your head on straight, we think you can handle it.
Hourly Pay Rate: $11.75
Let’s sweeten the deal…
- Weekly pay schedule
- Holiday overtime pay
- Basic Life, AD&D insurance after 30 days
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee Assistance Program
How about a $125 referral bonus for referring friends and family to join our team?
- We have a $125 employee referral bonus! Know someone great? Please refer your friends and family to complete an application for this part-time job posting at our Amazon MKE5 Sort Center. They can apply at the link below or they can stop by any of our upcoming hiring events! At each hiring event, we'll be making on-the-spot job offers to qualified candidates!
- When your friend or family member applies, they will be asked ‘How did you hear about this job?’ Ask them to choose ‘Referral’ from the list of options, and then select the option 'Current Employee Referral'. In the text box labeled, ‘Give Other Explanation’, ask them to write in your name so we can credit you as the person who referred them. Once both you and your friend/family member are hired as part-time employees at Amazon MKE5 Sort Center, we will pay you $125 for referring them to join our team! Please keep in mind: both you and your friend/family member must be actively employed with Amazon for at least 60 days before you'll receive the $125 bonus payout. Also, you must be actively employed on the bonus payout date. Best of all? There is no limit to how many friends you can refer!