About the Job
- Warehouse Supervisor – North Bergen, NJ
- Full Time
- Competitive Wages
- Health, life, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick and personal days
Responsible for Supervising the sorting, ticketing and selecting functions in the warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately. Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an efficient manner. Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports.
Conducts Warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse activities. Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports area personnel as required.
This position supports the National Retail Solutions DC’s in North Bergen and Jersey City.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Provides direction and proper motivation to leads and line employees to ensure the daily workload is completed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the shift.
Supervises all warehouse functions.
Completes appropriate paperwork and reports as required.
Provides new hire and follow-up training for all employees.
Performs job evaluations and communicates results to employees.
Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions, absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action.
Communicates with other members of management and departments to ensure that goals are accomplished.
Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies.
Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of retail distribution environment.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of required computer applications.
- Familiarity with courier and mailing functions.
- Three or more years of progressive related experience.
- Distribution experience with big box retailers
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Able to operate PC and use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English