Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Position your career for long term success by joining the world's most admired motor vehicle parts supplier as ranked by Fortune for the third consecutive year. The Welder position will weld components into high-quality products which meet customer and design specifications following standard performing processes in the robotic welding work center. Clean manufacturing environment in closed facility in non-union environment.
Core Shift is Friday - Sunday, 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM, with a $2.33/hr. shift premium.
We are offering a $1,500 referral and signing bonus for machinist and welders who are hired for 2nd or weekend shifts.
Additional responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Work within department safety, quality and productivity guidelines to meet or exceed Bosch operation principles.
- Manufacture products based upon daily production schedules.
- Set up, trouble shoot, proof and operate robotic weld programs to assure that product meets engineering specifications and standards while minimizing scrap/rework costs.
- Safely perform material handling functions to utilize inventoried components to manufacture products.
- Communicate effectively within the department, area leadership and with support departments to assure resources are readily available to support production schedules.
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to assure meeting departmental goals relating to efficiencies, equipment utilization and indirect time usage in order to maintain or improve cost competitiveness.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance procedures on area equipment following established maintenance guidelines to assure employee safety and minimize downtime.
- Collaborate with support functions to accurately define weld process for new products or re-direct existing product.
- Contribute to department safety, productivity, and quality goals and objectives by performing job tasks as required.
- Work as a team member to determine and implement necessary changes to improve area operation.
- High school or GED required.
- Passed Service Solutions welding test based on American Welding Society (AWS) Structural Welding Code Section 5.28.2.
- Minimum of 2 years of mig welding experience required.
- Significant work experience in industrial welding.
- Ability to read and interpret AWS weld symbols.
- Basic math skills: percentage, algebra, geometry.
- Ability to use weld inspection gauges.
- Tig welding experience preferred.
- Certificate from technical college in welding and one year equivalent Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Fabrication experience or six years GMAW fabrication experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Ability to use basic inspection gauges and calipers.
- Ability to read and interpret process routings and welding procedures.
- Ability to differentiate between alpha/numeric characters.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled