We are a bank that strives to be the premier financial partner to our customers in our market segment, and to assist our customers in reaching their financial goals and dreams. We have Integrity in everything we do. We have strategic, effective leadership that inspires everyone around us. We hire exceptional employees who are the most important asset to drive our success. We provide extraordinary service to our customers, both internally and externally.
We are celebrating our 55th anniversary in April of this year, as the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California to now a full-service bank covering nine states and having overseas presence in Asia.
We are CATHAY BANK -www.cathaybank.com
Work is performed in a centralized environment, performing various wire transfer functions. Responsible for daily supervision of assigned department staff, under oversight of the AVP, Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing.
The incumbent supervises the assigned Wire Transfer Department staff.
1. Monitor workflow and delegate work to staff as necessary to ensure staff resources are used with maximum efficiency to meet processing deadlines.
2. Maintain logs, volume activity charts, records, and provide management with daily, weekly and monthly statistical data as required.
3. Assist with the Manager’s or Assistant Manager’s duties in his or her absence.
4. Decode, log, research, input, verify and/or approve outgoing wires on various systems with the highest degree of accuracy.
5. Review and approve incoming wires (Swift MT103) before processing as necessary.
6. Ensure proper follow-up and accurate record maintenance for tracing, investigation and correction of incoming and outgoing wires.
7. Perform and maintain/update RMA correspondent bank records.
8. Perform SWIFT monthly BIC update.
9. Perform Payplus quarterly BIC and FRB file update.
10. Review and process Money Exchange Business wires according to Bank policy.
11. Review and process OFAC exception on Compliance Link.
12. Assign and issue quarterly and semi-annual sub-test key to branches and departments.
13. Review/perform End-of-Day balancing.
14. Provide support assistance for the international department and FX Ops on the S.W.I.F.T. message processing as necessary
15. Provide support assistance for the branches and departments on the Payplus Browser wire transfer processing.
• Education: High school graduate. Some college preferred, but not mandatory.
• Experience: Previous banking experience in wire transfer processing environment as a lead employee or supervisor. Detail oriented with high emphasis on accuracy.
• Skills/Ability: Thorough working knowledge of all departmental wire transfer platforms. Thorough working knowledge of the Fedline direct Interface with Payplus computers and peripheral equipment to include Payplus Email. Thorough working knowledge of the BeB, FIS host session interface on Payplus. Operate S.W.I.F.T. and Fundtech Payplus system.
• PC proficient, typing a minimum of 50 wpm. Knowledge of ten-key by touch and general office equipment. Good math skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank employees, Correspondent Bank employees and equipment repair persons.