About the Job
Special Projects and Outreach Coordinator
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc., a non-profit social service and public health agency, is currently recruiting for a Special Projects and Outreach Coordinator for our Administrative Office in Wilkes-Barre. As a private non-profit community based organization, MFHS works to meet the health and nutrition needs of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s women, children and families with information, education, and quality care.
TheSpecial Projects and Outreach Coordinator will provide assistance to the Reproductive Health/ Family Planning program in support of health education needs, goals and objectives. This position will focus on implementation of special grant projects, educational initiatives, health communication campaigns and outreach to vulnerable at risk populations.
- Facilitate and provide support to projects that impact teens and the LGBTQ community.
- Manage grant work statements/plans and reporting that are related to this position.
- Develop proposals in response to identifiedemerging opportunities supporting the activities and initiatives of the organization.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who represent the identified vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations.
- Conduct data analyses for site comparisons and set benchmarks as they relate to the initiatives and grant deliverables under the management of this position.
- Collaborate to create agendas for program briefings and/or forums, general meetings, and trainings. Ensure agendas and follow up activities help multi-sector partners implement new strategies and ideas.
- Represent organization in a variety of public settings to increase awareness.
- Outcomes orientation and strong commitment to making improvement in communities.
- Identify the challenges in service provision to teens and vulnerable adolescent populations and serve as a resource for MFHS in meeting their reproductive needs in a culturally competent manner.
The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively interact and communicate with outside agencies, staff and vendors through verbal, written, and electronic means; strong interpersonal and research skills; project management; and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft computer programs.A bachelor's degree is required along with experience with public health programs in a non-profit community health based setting. Must be able to prioritize work and manage time well in order to meet multiple deadlines. A minimum of three years of work experience in managing grant programs, report writing and education outreach initiatives in a community based organization is preferred.
The position is full time with an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), and a generous paid time off program.
Reply with resume and salary requirements by 3/10/17:
Maternal & Family Health Services
15 Public Square, Suite 600
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Email - email@example.com
Visit us at: www.mfhs.org
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply.