About the Job
Full Service Truck Leasing & Rental Sales Consultant
Primary responsibilities are to market and sell the Full Service Lease and Commercial Rental products lines. Growth through new sales, additions /replacement equipment for current customers. Focus on customer satisfaction, customer service and customer retention.
· Consistent gathering of prospect data to include but not limited to these following sources:
o Competition Accounts
o Polk Registrations
o Fleet Seek
o Existing parts and service customers
o Ownership Accounts - Competitive Brands
o Internet / Linked In
o Networking Events and Trade Shows
· Maintain a prospect system for the purpose of storing/updating prospect data to include scheduled prospect follow-up (CRM, CV360, or Excel).
· Contact with prospects via consistent Face to Face Visits, Monthly Sales Blitz, Telephone, Email and Direct Mail.
· Participate in market and rate surveys to include collection of and qualification of this data. Market surveys to include identifying competition information, market rental rates.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual marketing plans and subsequent measuring of results.
· Participate in Customer Appreciation, Customer Retention, and Customer Satisfaction events and programs.
· Outside sales responsibilities include scheduled appointments with decision makers, fact finding calls, needs assessments and proposals.
· Weekly preparation of the:
o Weekly itinerary to include action plan by prospect/customer.
o Weekly Summary of Activities
o Weekly Summary of Pipeline
· Preparation and presentation of Full Service Lease proposals.
o Proposals to be presented in Person
o Use of Approved Proposals
Pursue the achievement of assigned Full Service Lease and Commercial Rental sales quotas to include:
o Full Service Lease and Contractual Maintenance
New accounts # of vehicles (adds, replacements, new business)
§ Utilization - Achievement of desired percent
§ Performance - Achievement of desired rental leads
· Satisfies OEM (Mack, Isuzu, Volvo) training requirements
· Prepares forecast of monthly and annual sold business and communicates with Leasing Manager.
· Sells and delivers a minimum number of FSLs per month / annually.
- Responsible for the proper, timely, and accurate completion of:
- Customer Credit Applications
- Rate sheets as per local policy
- Full Service Lease Agreements
- Schedule “A” Agreements
- Responsible for securing on a timely basis, plus ensuring the accuracy of all necessary insurance binders provided by customers.
- Communicate with and assist Leasing Manager with:
- Substitution needs
- Service department needs pertaining to Full Service Lease/Commercial Rental customers.
- Administrative needs - to include billing rates sold, customer information, etc.
High School Diploma (College degree preferred)
At least 2 years of Truck Rental & Leasing Experience or
Automotive leasing experience
Advanced mathematical skills needed to price, quote, and sell complex equipment packages
Excellent sales, communication and presentation skills
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds occasionally and climb in and out of Class 8 Trucks with ease.
Vanguard Truck Centers owns and operates full service commercial truck centers in the United States, representing truck manufactures such as Mack Trucks, Inc., Volvo Trucks North America and Isuzu. We offer comprehensive transportation solutions, with locations in Arizona, Georgia, Missouri and Texas. The Vanguard mission is to exceed customer expectations with our entire product and service offering, including new trucks, premium used trucks, all makes parts, service and body shops and full service lease and rental.
In accordance with our Mission and Values, Vanguard Truck Centers strives to find the most qualified, customer service oriented employees available. Our strength is in our people and team work. The Vanguard family provides a healthy balance between work and family life. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including PTO and 401k.