About the Job
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
As Parkview Pediatric Dentistry continues to grow, our staffing needs grow with us. We are looking to add a motivated, talented, enthusiastic, energetic and hard working individual to our already amazing team! This full-time RDA will have an integral role in patient care, including setting up and cleaning treatment rooms; escorting patients to the treatment room and making them comfortable; and assisting the dentist with clinical treatments.
- Take dental x-rays
- Prepare and sterilize instruments, handpieces and other equipment in compliance with OSHA standards and CDC guidelines
- Provide patient education and nutritional counseling to maintain oral health
- Accurately and appropriately record provided treatment
- Monitor inventory and order dental supplies
- Counsel patients on oral health, including the role of nutrition
- Follow protocol for treatment room management and sterilization
- Securely handle patient records in compliance with office policies and procedures and applicable legal requirements, such as HIPPA regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and adhering to office attendance policies.
- Should be reliable and have reliable transportation.
Should have professional appearance and be friendly.
- Should be fluent in English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited dental assisting program
- Coursework in dental instruments and procedures
- Compliance with state dental practice requirements, such as x-ray requirements and OSHA training
- Computer skills
- Commitment to CE for career development
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentist, other staff members and community
- Effective verbal skill to communicate with patients and staff