About the Job
AlixaRx is a national long-term care pharmacy organization that has Clinical Opportunities in your area. Our team members must be dynamic, patient-oriented, geriatric certified (or willing to expand their knowledge by becoming certified within two years of employment at no cost to you!) and have a passion for long-term care.
AlixaRx's mission is to deliver clinical pharmacy services for post-acute care medical settings that Restore Health, Improve Patient Outcomes and Provide Cost-Effective, Accessible Healthcare Solutions.
Provide leadership, knowledge, and expertise for all functions related to clinical pharmacy at the long-term care center level; provide integration with interdisciplinary team to improve patient and facility clinical outcomes associated with medication use; responsible for staff education in area of expertise; and participate in continuous quality improvement/risk management activities that focus on medications or medication related systems that place patients and living center at the highest risk of negative outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Perform Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) required Medication Regimen Reviews as required by law
* Identify patients receiving medication known to have high potential of risk and manages associated risk by improving monitoring, discontinuation, or change to a safer alternative medication if one exists or to implement non-pharmacological medication interventions
* Serve as liaison between the contracted provider pharmacy and living centers to monitor for, act on, and resolve any pharmacy related issue that may adversely affect residents
* Identify strategic areas for improvement in order to effectively increase ability to accomplish clinical activities off-site
* Collaborate with other stakeholders in the development and delivery of training for multiple facility personnel
* Registered Pharmacist Licensure
* Doctorate of Clinical Pharmacy (Pharm.D), preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure. Ability to read patient and pharmaceutical information on papers, computer screens and containers; ability to use a computer screen on a constant basis; ability to distinguish colors such as those pertaining to different pharmaceuticals.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
We are always seeking skilled professionals who are ready to take pride in their work and grow their expertise. We'll reward your dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and more. Join us and contribute your energy, experience and knowledge to redefining the future of care. Apply today!
AlixaRx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.