About the Job
Belcan has a Part time Lab Technician role available in Myerstown, PA. In this role, you will:
Process all incoming samples from production ie. compression, coating & PrT. Perform standard physical and chemical analysis, bulk product, raw material and finished product per approved written procedures to ensure compliance with approved written specifications.
- Perform analytical testing of raw materials, packaging components, work in process (WIP), and finished goods to ensure that monograph and official compendia specifications are met.
- Utilize various instruments and equipment for qualitative and/or quantitative analysis. Calibrate equipment as required according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Coordinate preparation of composite samples of in-process bulk products for filing and/or further testing.
- Record, evaluate and report satisfactory test results into laboratory information management system (i.e. LIMS). Report all non-compliance test situations to supervisor for further evaluation.
- Prepare lab reagents, order lab chemicals/supplies, maintain sample file room, and filing of laboratory documentation / samples.
- Perform glassware washing to support the laboratory area.
- Process incoming laboratory samples.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- At least two years of relevant post high school education or experience in the sciences. Associate’s degree in the science’s a plus.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English; ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must have good organizational skills, high degree of accuracy in testing and completing paperwork, and legible handwriting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Previous experience in good manufacturing practices (GMP) and/or government regulated industry preferred.
- Personal computer (PC) skills a plus.