About the Job
We are looking for a Junior, Mid-level and Senior Java Developers who can assist in helping to build high- performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will help contribute on a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for assisting in Java/Java EE application architecture, design, and development.
· Software development in a java language environment
· Continuous training and learning to improve development skills. Tasks in support of all stages of the
· Work in a junior level role to both design and implement software solutions in a team environment.
· Design and develop coding solutions for functional requirements.
· Drive introduction and implementation of software engineering best practices.
· Participate in software architecture design based on customer requirements.
· Communicate designs, intent, and implementation to the rest of the team.
· Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
· Properly document the system, including coding, design, and testing.
· Ensure designs and implementations are in compliance with specifications.
· Ensure code meets or exceeds standards.
· Prepare and produce releases of software components.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Languages: Java 1.6+ (J2EE)
· Database: Oracle
· Source Control: SVN
· IDE: Eclipse
· A passion for technology, a knack for details.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
NICE TO HAVES:
· Scrum/Agile experience
· Experience with Test-driven Development, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration
· Unit Testing Frameworks – Junit, JMockit, Easy Mock, Mockito
· Training and Mentoring experience
· C#/.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, EF
· Ability to quickly learn and understand aerospace engineering concepts
· Experience configuring and/or deploying to Java application servers (Tomcat 6, WebSphere 8, WebLogic 12)
· Skills: Java, Java 1.6, Java 1.7, Java Application Server (JBoss/Jetty/Wildfly), JBoss EAP 6.2, EJB, SQL, Oracle, Oracle 11g, Source Control, SVN, SVN Merging and Branching, Java Unit Testing, Junit, JMockit, Java IDEs, Eclipse, Eclipse Luna, Team Experience, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Code Refractoring, Continuous Integration Servers, Bamboo, Scrum/Agile, JIRA, Documentation Creation, Design Document, Test Document.
Education and/or Experience
· With BS: Recent Grad - 1 year recent experience for Junior
· With BS: 5 years experience for Mid-Level
· With BS: 8 years (12 years w/o BS) + Team Lead/Mentoring experience for Senior
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Job/Technical Knowledge: Developers at the junior level will take a role in architecting, designing, and implementing software for our customers in an agile team environment. Coding and testing is the bulk of the day-to-day work with around 10-15% of the time spent on design and architecture, and 10-15% of the time spent on documentation. Expected to be able to work well in a team environment as well as be able to communicate design ideas
Customer Focus & Customer Service Standard of Excellence: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; commits to exceeding customer expectations