About the Job
It is an exciting time to join Honeywell. Are you in search for an opportunity that breeds challenge, autonomy for creativity and a path to success? If so, you can stop looking because Honeywell has opened a position for a Sr. Energy Business Development Consultant. This role will be based in the Philadelphia area.
Honeywell Home and Building Technologies helps homeowners stay connected and in control of home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification. We help building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
• Primary customer interface responsible for the development of new business and new relationships in pursuit of growth for HBT in the Funded Retrofit and energy retrofit market.
• Establishing and owning the plans and strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer sales base in their assigned area.
• Dissemination of key messages, initiatives, and of information pertaining to the value HBT brings to targeted customers, opportunities, and solutions.
• Partner with potential customers, establishing relationships & maximizing the business potential for both parties.
• Proactively initiates cross-functional communication across both the customer’s and Honeywell enterprises to develop a long-term partnership.
• Growth and focus on new customers and new opportunities.
• Customer specific pursuit plans.
• Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan.
• Accurate forecast of orders and growth opportunities.
• Strategic competitive and market information.
• Actively seeks outs, plans and leverages internal and external relationships to drive business for HBT.
• Establishes strategic relationships or a vision for developing a committed customer.
• Networks internally with HBT to achieve full customer satisfaction with the best HBT resources.
Proactively leads, manages and executes the disciplined sales process from start to finish; anticipates customer needs and requirements ensuring that they are met every step of the way from sale to execution; acts as team leader internally and externally during the entire sales process.
Exhibits extensive knowledge of the customers’ business, strategic drivers, financial and procurement requirements and is able to discuss and leverage strategic business value in conversation at the highest levels of the organization.
Skills Knowledge Experience
• Ability to create/seek out and assess new opportunities.
• Position Honeywell as the partner of choice.
• Build trust and credibility at all levels of the customers’ organization, including decision-makers across the customers’ business functions and c-suite.
• Clearly articulate value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customers’ needs.
• Compelling presentation and communication skills tailored to needs of diverse audiences.
• Manage and direct resources towards meeting clearly articulated opportunity objectives.
• Takes intelligent risks and achieves results by applying sound judgment and experience to every sales situation; shows tenacity and experience with consistently delivers for HBT
• Unfazed by multiple activities all occurring at once; organizes people and workflow to meet objectives for each activity on time with high quality.
• Understands the HBT value proposition and broader Honeywell.
• Financial and business acumen; capable of creating unbudgeted opportunities funded from value of the solution or offering.
• Understanding of all levels within the customer’s organization, and their related customers.
• Uses customer organizational charts to outline formal structure and roles in the buying process; identifies the most influential stakeholders and creates relationship and business strategy for each of these key players.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of sales, infrastructure or energy retrofit experience or in lieu of degree 8 years of sales, infrastructure or energy retrofit experience.
• 4 years of customer engagement at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships.
• Enterprise selling – experience with collaborating across both client and own organization to drive a One-Honeywell approach.
• Proven experience prospecting for opportunities.
• Extensive vertical customer expertise enabling effective communications at the highest level of the customer’s organization is preferable.
• Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience in the funded and energy retrofit market.
• Experienced in design build or ability to identify and influence needs and opportunities in mechanical and controls field.
- Travel Percentage: 10%