About the Job
ManpowerGroup solutions has partnered with KeyBank to fill several branch positions in the area. KeyBank is committed to the professional development of its employees and offers great benefits.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Branch Manager reports to the Area Retail Leader and the primary focus of this role is to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing clients' needs and recommending financial solutions that create lasting client relationships. The Branch Manager is accountable for branch operations and compliance by providing direction and guidance to branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures, ensuring compliance with operational, security, audit procedures and timely completion of branch operational tasks. Responsible for managing, staffing and scheduling all direct reports within the branch. The Branch Manager provides sales and service leadership within the branch, manages/develops a team and is the market leader in the local community or designated business area. Accountable for driving new client acquisition and retention, growing market share and balance sheet growth, growing non-interest income, growing joint partnership revenue, and fostering client and employee satisfaction to meet or exceed branch sales and service goals. The Branch Manager is accountable for marketing products and services to generate profitable revenue by calling on small businesses, developing centers of influence and networking in the community. Accountable for partnering with and referring business to all lines of business partners including, but not limited to, Retail, Investment Services, Mortgage, Private Banking, Business Banking, Cash Management, Middle Market, Merchant Services and Foreign Exchange to meet client needs. Responsible for achieving branch goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The role of the Branch Manager is to staff, build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing the clients' needs and recommending financial solutions that create a lasting client relationship. The Branch Manager is responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive client experience.
The Branch Manager also ensures that branch operations are effective and compliance requirements are met.
Branch Staffing & Performance Coaching
- Responsible for the staffing of the branch including recruiting/identifying talent and interviewing and selecting the branch team with involvement from ARL and Operations Leader
- Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, joint sales calls and using the coaching model and developing/utilizing individual professional growth plans
- Ensure the Branch team is trained on Key's products, sales, and service models
- Responsible for developing the branch team's understanding of Key's products and services, Key's sales and service process and the competitive landscape
- Conduct regular branch meetings
- Engage in a disciplined approach to human capital by holding the branch team accountable for performance, providing training and recognizing/rewarding high performers
- Lead by example and ensure consistent delivery of distinctive service for all clients
- Responsible for daily execution of the branch playbook
- Provide guidance and direction to branch staff positions to ensure compliance of regulatory, security and internal controls, which includes timely completion of all branch operations tasks
- Ensure satisfactory or better branch audits
- Review and certify completion of continuity and recovery activities
- Ensure the branch focuses on operational processes to enhance the client experience
- Report and follow up on branch facility issues that hinder branch operations
- Monitor and coach customer service behaviors to exceed service measurement goals within the branch
- Provide opportunities for the service staff to observe sales interaction
- Accountable for daily NSF review/weekly overdraft monitoring
- Establish and communicate branch performance standards regarding client follow up, ensure proper focus in client relations, introduce members of the team to the client and participate in client appreciation events
- Ensure Tellers are making client and account referrals in accordance with their established Teller referral goals
- Branch Managers in Non Business Intensive branches focus on retaining and expanding small business clients in the Book of Business Focus/Grow category
- Branch Managers in Business Intensive branches should focus on acquiring, retaining and deepening small business relationships
- Review client needs and understand how the solution fits the client
- Create and maintain active calling plan for Book of Business clients and prospects
- Model and inspect the completion of electronic client profiles in the Client Experience (CE) Desktop
- Discuss features and benefits of multiple products and services that may meet client needs to ensure the client selects the best product for them
- Engage business partners as needed to bring the best solution to the client
- Communicate across branch team to build relationships with all team members and create realistic expectations in the sales process and effectively resolve differences
- Walk through expectations with the client and ensure that the solution meets the client's needs
- Encourage business referrals in every sales process to generate profitable revenue
- Accountable for risk management and compliance for the branch within established parameters
- Ensure that client follow up calls are conducted by end of business day to confirm client understanding
- Maintain and call on a client book of business
- Ensure Branch financial goals are met or exceeded
- Develop strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on cross selling and referrals; effectively manage internal and external COIs
- Ensure that the Branch operations are operating effectively/efficiently, maintain compliance, reporting requirements and client needs are being met
- Manage employee hours worked in accordance to and compliant with KeyBank's time tracking policies
- Maximize community visibility, production, profitability and people resources
Non Business and Business Intensive Branches:
- High School Diploma or 3 years of branch management experience
- 3 years experience in a sales capacity with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a successful sales team.
- General understanding of financial statements and concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income and credit reports
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Centers of Influence (COIs) to further promote KeyBank business
- Ability to interact with business partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and possess strong public speaking skills
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products)
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
- Physical Requirements: Ability to routinely and frequently operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver's license in order to make outside sales calls
Additional Responsibilities for Business Intensive Branches:
- Demonstrated small business deposit/credit experience and familiarity with small business operations
- 3 Years of managerial experience in Retail or Financial Services Industries
- Undergraduate degree in business related field
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 investment licenses*
- State Insurance License*
*Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Note: Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act).
Strategic: Understands the business; effectively communicates the organization's and business' vision and purpose to team; makes complex decisions; innovates and deals well with ambiguity; global and forward thinking; applies effective problem solving skills; comprehend short-term and long-term risk implications of business decisions
Courage: Deals with conflict; delivers tough messages; models managerial courage; delivers and receives constructive feedback; leads effectively through internal and external change; effectively navigates and embraces change
Energy/Drive: Action oriented; drives self and others for results; pursues the role with energy and drives for completion
Personal / Interpersonal: Inspires, enables, and engages others; open, receptive, and approachable; client relationship focused; acts with honor and character. Skilled in managing conflicts
People Management: Inspires, enables, engages, and rewards team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue and creates a feeling of belonging in the team; promotes collaboration and leads and guides the team through conflict; fosters culture of sharing knowledge and best practices and recognizes the team for their successes; eliminates roadblocks; fosters individual ownership of the work and effectively leverages individual strengths to achieve team goals
Results: Dedicated to finding solutions, resolving problems, and fulfilling client needs; takes personal responsibility to see that every client is satisfied; pushes self and others for results by spending time on what's important while quickly zeroing in on the critical few; counted on to exceed goals; very bottom-line oriented; treats internal and external clients with respect, honesty, and fairness; holds self, team and partners accountable for achieving results
Technical and Functional: Has the technical and functional skills to perform the job
In addition to the competencies specific to the Branch Manager role, all Key employees are expected to exhibit Key's Leadership Behaviors (Accountability, Managerial Courage, Drive for Results, Lead Change, Client Focus, Effective Collaboration Develop Self, Staff and Others, Business Acumen, Manage Vision and Purpose) as outlined in Key's HR Online system.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.