About the Job
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
We are searching for an amazing individual to take on the challenge of being a Market Development Manager II for CenturyLink in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, job located in Boise, ID.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills, a proven willingness and courage to innovate. We are searching for a candidate that can bring a positive, high energy focus to managing responsibilities for local market development and communications programs to position the company in the market to enhance the corporation’s public image, and contribute to the achievement of regional strategic goals. A background in marketing, public relations, sponsorship, brand and recent experience with new evolving media will help this person be successful. The ability to develop, execute and measure marketing and communications plans and programs within provided budget is paramount to success.
The Market Development Manager II is charged with conception, build-out, and execution for the Market Development Plan, with the purpose of driving consumer revenue and market share in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. This position is also responsible for event management and oversight of sponsorship activations, ownership of local public relations and social media management.
Success for this position will be measured by sales growth, customer retention, sales channel enablement, increased brand awareness, and employee satisfaction surveys leading to incremental market share.
- Able to work closely with local operations and sales channels, i.e. Retail Stores, Mobile Retail Sales Outlet, Door-to-Door, MDU, YouCan, Technicians and Engineering to coordinate activities to achieve market sales goals.
- Experience developing and executing local marketing programs to drive achievement of strategic goals.
- Experience in creating public relations programs and managing a variety of media inquiries, including serving as a local media spokesperson.
- Experience securing and maximizing sponsorship assets and programs to enhance sales opportunities, brand awareness and company image.
- Experience developing and implementing employee communication and morale-building programs.
- Experience developing creative and implementing brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience developing and executing local company events, including planning, staffing and logistics.
- Experience building and executing community relations strategies and fostering partnerships.
- Experience working with external partners to develop local marketing events and developing communication strategies and executing plans to build awareness and attendance.
- Experience in the social media space, creating content and managing platforms.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience working cross functionally across teams to execute programs and communication strategies.
- Must possess creativity and the ability to think "outside the box" for classic marketing/PR activity.
- Able to produce/coordinate the production of print, digital and audio visual materials including photos slide shows, and videos for company use.
- Experience with public speaking both to internal and external groups.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Proven ability to set goals and track results against programs.
- Proven track record of success.
- Fully seasoned with typically 5+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience or 2-3 years with a Master's Degree.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, sponsorship, including working with traditional and digital media, including but not limited to TV, radio, direct tactics, print, digital and evolving new media (online, social media, etc.)
- Experience with telecommunications industry is preferred but not required.
- Strong and proven written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and more. We are a technology driven company and these skills are a requirement.
- Willingness to travel between Idaho, Montana and Wyoming 40% of the time for events and meetings to help us WIN!
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Alternate Location: US-Idaho-Boise
Requisition #: 135232
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.