About the Job
New Iron Group is seeking a Release Manager to join a well-run team in South Austin. You’ll own the Release Management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating, and the management of releases.
You’ll work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects, implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code through the pre-production and production environments.
You’ll also assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence so that the integrity of the release can be measured.
About the role:
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio of products and demos
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect the scope, schedule, and quality of releases
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, demos, and operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams
- Conduct Release Readiness, Milestone, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation plans
- Work with the SCM engineer to understand the impact of branches and merges
- Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- 5 years of experience in Web Services Release Management in SAAS, PAAS, or IAAS.
- Experience in Agile driven development and release life-cycles
- An excellent understanding of the underlying technology to marshal work items to the correct teams performing the work and provide guidance to remote teams integrating with home office procedures and tools.
- Candidate will have knowledge of and hands-on experience with the Atlassian suite of tools including Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
- Candidate will have familiarity with Nexus artifact repository
- Candidate should understand the various deployment capabilities provided with Continuous integration systems such as Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Candidate should be able to use Microsoft Office suite of applications efficiently and purposefully.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
This is a contract-to-hire position located in Austin, TX. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.