About the Job
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining Java based components and interfaces. Write well designed, testable, efficient code and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications. Will prepare and produce releases of software components. Will support continuous improvements by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools. Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms. Must have hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms. Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns is a must. Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC). Experience with test-driven development.
- Linux system administration; troubleshooting server space, application and service health, maintenance tasks, server patching
- Windows 2003 Server/IIS v6 system administration; batch jobs, application and service health, maintenance tasks, server patching
- .NET Framework; C# programming in Visual Studio 2005/2008
- Oracle skills (SQL programming knowledge)
- Knowledge of Websphere v6 helpful
- Knowledge of IBM Cognos v8 (Metrics and reporting software) helpful
- Knowledge of RequestCenter helpful
- Knowledge of JSP helpful
- Knowledge of web services helpful
25 hours per week, depends on current activities. Can fluctuate based on the release calendar, small effort work, project work, or fix work.
- Performing release management; migration of new application code or packages, application testing, and change ticket implementation
- Supporting server infrastructure; patch management, security policy mandates, oncall support, implementing server enhancements
- 16 servers in the environment; 7 Linux servers & 8 Windows servers