$1500.00 Hiring Bonus for full time PTs!
This position is responsible for assessment, continuity of treatment and instruction of home health care patients to detect, assess, prevent, correct, alleviate and limit physical disability, movement, dysfunction, bodily malfunction and pain from injury, disease and any other bodily conditions in accordance with accreditation requirements, Title 22, licensure regulations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· May act as patient case manager.
· Accurately collects required data (OASIS) as part of the assessment at Start of Care (SOC), Resumption of Care (ROC), transfer, discharge, when there is a significant change in the patient’s condition and every sixty days.
· Determines program eligibility, needed services, and verifies payer sources.
· Reviews patient’s medications at every visit, maintains a list of current medications and reconciles the Home Health medication list with medication lists from other providers; e.g. inpatient discharge.
· Performs physical therapy assessment and treatment as prescribed by the referring physician and in accordance with the LMVNA procedure manual and reviews treatment plan as indicated.
· Develops and maintains an individualized patient centered plan of care using critical thinking skills. Evaluates the patient’s response to care, updates the care plan and makes referrals to internal and external resources to meet patient’s needs.
· Communicates with the patient’s physician on a regular basis to keep him/her apprised of the patient’s plan of care, responses and status and ensures physicians’ orders are followed.
· Communicates, coordinates and consults with other interdisciplinary team members regarding the patient’s plan of care and status, including case conferences and HHA supervision.
· Develops and implements an individualized teaching plan for the patient and family/caregiver with a goal of assisting the patient in reaching the highest level of independence possible.
· Instructs agency personnel as needed.
· Attends case conference meetings and prepares clinical and progress notes as required, submitting documentation within 24 hours.
· Participates in the Quality Improvement process as assigned.
· Understands and adheres to all licensing and certification regulations pertinent to job.
· Participates in a process to maintain good internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Meets daily average productivity standard set by LMVNA (if full-time employee).
· Rotates on-call for weekends and holidays as assigned.
· Responsible for maintaining integrity of the medical record for each patient whose care they are managing.
· Legibly documents skilled care and other patient-related forms, accurately, timely and appropriately for reimbursement, regulatory and compliance mandates.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications And Requirements:
· Graduation from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association or graduation from a physical therapy curriculum in a 4-year college or university and by a State Department of Education and licensure or registration as a physical therapist where appropriate, passing the state examination for licensure as a physical therapist.
· Current CPR certification.
· One year successful experience with one year of experience in home health preferred.