The Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a specific cargo gateway location in the Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) air transport system. The gateways are operated and staffed by an air cargo and warehouse contractor to LGSTX Services. The Manager will oversee the performance of the contractor, assist with decision making and prioritization, and directly liaise with LGSTX, the customer and the airlines to operate the gateway.
About LGSTX Services, Inc.
Headquartered in Wilmington, OH, LGSTX has provided value driven, high quality solutions to clients across the United States for over 30 years. These clients include commercial businesses, airports and airlines. Our history, strong corporate values and belief in our people allow us to continuously meet and exceed customer needs and expectations. LGSTX’s unique blend of services provides each and every one of our customers with efficient, high-quality solutions that keep their operations moving.
LGSTX specializes in the following services:
- Property/Facility Maintenance
- Aviation Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- GSE Maintenance (preventive and corrective)
- GSE Leasing and Sales
- GSE Refurbishing
- Material Handling Equipment
- Conveyor Installation, Maintenance and Rebuilding
- Distribution Facility Services
LGSTX Services, Inc. is part of the Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (ATSG) family of companies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with the vendor who has been contracted to operate the ATSG gateway for LGSTX Services. Sets expectations and monitors performance of both warehouse and air ramp operations. Recommends changes and solutions as necessary.
- Maintains strong positive communication with all parties involved in the ATSG air network, including customer management, trucking companies, airlines, contracted gateway operators, airport port authorities, etc.
- As the network grows, foresees issues and makes recommendations on growth plans, staffing, facility and equipment needs and other required resources.
- Assists in the planning and budgeting for Gateway operations. Manages to the budget, but is flexible as plans and priorities change.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in a busy warehouse, distribution center, air cargo express operation, or truck terminal.
- Air cargo and ground network experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- The ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid time off and sick pay
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Programs
- Relocation available