With over 30 years of providing superior protection in the eyewear industry, Wiley X, Inc. is a proud, privately held company. In recent years, Wiley X has continued its history of innovation to other personal protection items.
Our mix of products and commercial customers has given us enviable stability and financial strength.
Our culture values innovation and people with a common sense of integrity in their work. Our innovation and ability to provide products that perform, look good and are comfortable gives us a unique position against our competitors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Product Designer in Livermore, CA.
In this key role you will:
- Develop and execute protective eyewear designs.
- Work on multiple projects and brands simultaneously through ideation and physical samples.
- Communicate with manufacturing and material facilities on a daily basis.
- Work with engineers to ensure all designs have proper fitting and technical requirements.
- Conduct market research and create concept/inspiration boards.
- Interact with Licensor on new concepts, branding, and packaging.
- Design engineering solutions that serve as a vision for new product features.
- Cultivate and research additional suppliers and vendors as needed.
- Maintain and monitor design development calendar.
- Request and maintain all technical/dimensional information for each style relating to construction and composition.
- Participate in cross-departmental strategies.
- Participate in non-eyewear design efforts as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fashion Design, Engineering or related discipline preferred but not required
- 2 - 4 years of experience within a product development setting
- Knowledge of the eyewear or fashion industry preferred but not required
- Able to provide a portfolio or body of work that demonstrates range of abilities and design process
- Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to injection molded products
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure, and demonstrated leadership skills
- Sound sketching, visual communications, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects
We offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits package including 401(k), pension, flexible spending accounts (Full Cafeteria Plans), Medical, Dental, Vision and supplemental insurance policies.