Autism Centers of Michigan (ACM)
At ACM, employees are our most valuable asset. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by autism spectrum disorder. We hire the best in the field as Michigan’s premier provider of intensive, evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services in homes, ACM clinics, and other locations throughout Michigan. We offer our employees the opportunity to truly make a difference–not only with our clients, but also in the field of ABA. ACM offers opportunities for team-based collaboration, career advancement, continuing education/professional development, and participation in company-sponsored research initiatives. At ACM, you'll have the opportunity to work with a group of co-workers who will challenge and support you. We are proud of our welcoming culture as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applied Behavior Analyst (ABA) Behavior Technician
The Autism Centers of Michigan (ACM) is seeking a dynamic, high-energy, detail-oriented Behavioral Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will engage in a wide range of activities, focused on providing treatment services in client homes, in a community setting, and/or at one of our clinical centers, under direct supervision of a BCBA. This position reports directly to a supervising BCBA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will provide direct treatment to ACM clients, as prescribed in the behavior treatment plan. This will include intensive interaction with clients and their families, to strengthen the behavioral supports in place for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Specific duties shall also include:
· Completing required training/testing for obtaining Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification.
· Working closely with the supervising BCBA to deliver the treatment plan, as defined.
· Training parents and caregivers in ABA intervention as directed by the BCBA.
· Objective monitoring of progress and documentation of client records, to exceed agency standards and to enable the best possible treatment decisions.
· Regular communication with parents, supervisor(s), and others as necessary to inform and improve treatment plans.
· Regular review of literature related to Applied Behavioral Analysis, autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
· Attend meeting(s) as required by supervisor.
· Travel to clients at their home, school or other location(s) as agreed and necessary, which may include work at irregular hours.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling preferred.
- A history of work with children, adolescents, young adults, and/or families is essential. Specific training/experience in developmental disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment, and accessing non-barrier free premises.
- Should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team approach to develop and implement client treatment plans.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to maintain records, prepare reports and reliably develop timely correspondence related to work.
- No criminal record and able to pass DSS 1326 clearance.
Ready to join our team? Learn more at http://www.autismcentersmi.com . ACM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, F/M/D/V/SO.