Position: Seeking a detail oriented Accountant that is interested in working for a fast paced company that offers opportunity for growth.
Location: 25 miles East of Baton Rouge, La.
The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting experience, self-starter with a strong attention to detail. Applicant should be organized and have excellent computer skills. This position will work 8 am to 5 pm, 40 hours weekly and needs to be reliable and dedicated.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information: preparing & reconcile balance sheet, profit and loss.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with ERP packages. QAD a plus but not required.
- Ability to keep confidential information, confidential
- Code and Enter Payables
- Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Cash Management
- Journal entries
- Run credit reports as needed
- Month End Reporting
- Prepare broker commissions
- Cross training in Accounts Payable and Check writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with minimum 3 years hands-on Accounting experience required.
- Work well with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Needs to have attention to detail(s)
- Experience in Microsoft programs; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Positive and team player attitude is a must.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities while working under tight time constraints.
Compensation: Based on ability and experience
- After 60 days of full time employment, Employer pays 75% of medical plan premium for Employee portion only.
- After 90 days of employment, 401K eligible. Employer match program up to 4%
- Vacation as per company policy, based on accrual
- Paid Holidays based on company schedule