Customer Service Representative
- Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
- Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organisation
- We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements
Are you ready to be a part of our pioneering Sales & Marketing team?
The high-quality materials Rio Tinto produces are essential to making modern life work. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: from microscopic circuit board parts in your smartphone and computer to the hull of a supertanker, our materials make up the world around us. We own and operate open pit and underground mines, mills, refineries, smelters, power stations, and research and service facilities. And we use our railways, ports and ships to deliver our products to our customers. Underpinning everything we do is an absolute commitment to safety - for our people, contractors, and the communities and environments in which we operate.
Join us and help shape our commercial presence in the US
Rio Tinto is establishing a US Sales & Marketing office in Chicago. Part of the new Commercial organisation, US facing sales and marketing roles from across multiple products and locations will be based in Chicago. This is an exciting next step in our Commercial journey and for your career.
You'll get to join a team based in one of the most liveable cities in the United States. Home to Fortune 500 organisations, Chicago is considered one of the most important business centres in the world. With good public transport options and a wide range of cultural attractions and outdoor activities available, it's the perfect place to enjoy a modern and cosmopolitan lifestyle whilst advancing your career.
This role is part of the Americas Borate Sales team and provides customer support in all aspects of order fulfillment to the Americas Borate customer market. The role is also the direct link between the end use customer and RTB internal customers. Responsible for handling customer inquiries, and orders, you will be:
- Verifying orders for product, quantity, packaging, ship date, pricing and miscellaneous instructions.
- Noting any abnormalities on order and contacts customer and/or Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for required clarification.
- Overseeing and analyzing daily customer service open order report.
- Checking for possible shipping delays and product availability. If necessary, arrange for delivery from another location or reschedule carrier booking if needed.
- Updating changes in the system, advice customer and continue to follow up until order has shipped or picked up by the customer.
- Analysing, coordinate, oversee and process any debit/credits based on customer complaints, freight adjustments, pricing discrepancies, cost supports and rebates.
- Assisting Finance (Account Receivable) on any payment discrepancies, including researching, analysing and communications with the customer to resolve the issues.
- Ensuring correct off-list product pricing, list pricing and contract pricing on orders are accurate and aligned with the Commercial agreements and communications.
- Leading troubleshooting issues within SAP when discrepancies arise.
- Maintaining and gathering key data from customer contacts regarding business intelligence, and critical information for the RSM to aid in the commercial strategy.
- Setting up contract details to include pricing and terms for customers within SAP.
- Validating proper application of INCO terms on each order and apply the taxes if applicable and ensure freight terms are compatible.
- Tracking and maintaining country specific import requirements to ensure no delay in customer receiving the materials.
- Facilitating and coordinating product return and replenishment.
- Executing orders within the guidelines allowed by Letters of Credit (LC) when applicable.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- High school or equivalent (AA/BA/BS degree preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service experience
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal and phone
- Familiar with CRM is desired
- Prior ERP experience require, SAP preferred
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. We've led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
We've pioneered technological innovations, such as our Mine of the Future™ programme and our low-CO2 aluminium from hydropower. And we've paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
If you're interested in launching your career with us, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.