- Participate in and perform facility equipment/building repairs and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Support facility inspections.
- Participate in the monitoring and scheduling of facilities-related activities, and service/request calls, including tasks performed by outside vendors/contractors.
- Participate in other activities such as assisting with facility related repairs/inspections, operating office equipment (including equipment set-up, operation, routine maintenance), and to general maintenance inquiries via telephone or in person.
- Participate in mandatory company-provided training including but not limited to all relative policies and procedures, EHS/safety training, business conduct guidelines, information security awareness, and compliance training.
- May periodically be required to work on alternate shifts such as swing, graveyard and/or weekends.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, have knowledge of, and physical ability to perform maintenance and repair on facilities related equipment, including HVAC/Mechanical/Refrigeration systems such as package units, air handling units, condensing units, exhaust fans, VAV"s, fan coil units, water heaters, pumps, DI water systems, elevators, lighting and ballast systems, electrical and electronic controls, plumbing and other equipment as needed. These repairs may include the use of tools such as small hand tools, welding equipment, voltmeters, etc.
- Must have knowledge of building control systems, building fire and security systems.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of common hand and power tools such as screwdrivers, levels, saws, drills, wrenches, and hammers, as well as some specialized equipment and other electronic testing devices, in order to replace or fix worn or broken parts, where necessary, or make adjustments to correct malfunctioning equipment and machines.
- Must be able to complete preventive maintenance tasks within the required timeframes and ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building equipment and systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of building/machinery does not deteriorate.
- Must be able to keep accurate and legible records of repair work utilizing a validated CMMS system, which may require both handwritten and electronic documentation procedures.
- Must have good reading comprehension, and have the ability to interpret service manuals and other written instructions.
- Must be able to use a computer to send and receive e-mail, open and update work orders, enter time sheet information, and other assignments as requested.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical and mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability and be able to work safely, effectively, and efficiently without direct supervision.
- General carpentry skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred.
- Must provide own personal hand tools necessary to complete repair and preventative maintenance tasks as required.
Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in a Facilities/Maintenance environment.
Experience working in a medical or manufacturing environment is preferred.
About SPX Corporation
With approximately $5 billion in annual revenue, Charlotte, North Carolina-based SPX is a multi-industry manufacturing leader with operations in more than 35 countries and over 14,000 employees worldwide.
Meeting the critical needs of world economies – particularly today’s fast-growing emerging markets – has been the driving force behind our strategic expansion and success in recent years. Since 1998, acquisitions and focused organic growth have helped SPX transition from a U.S.-centric automotive component manufacturer with less than $1 billion in sales, to a globally diversified provider of highly engineered, innovative products and technologies that support two critical needs of modern societies: power and energy; and foods and beverages.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.