Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Duration: 2 months with possible contract to hire
This position is responsible for processing routine to highly complex Financial Assistance applications, which includes the validating of income and bank information in conjunction with appropriate extenuating circumstances according to Intermountain Healthcare guidelines, and assessing other possible funding resources for patient / families. The position is accountable to answer questions, process applications, phone calls, walk in"s and communicate with internal departments and customers the status of their application in a timely matter.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyzes and validates information on incoming Financial Assistance (FA) applications and makes front end decisions about the most appropriate next action.
- Analyzes all required documentation, e.g., all schedules on tax returns, profit and loss statements, bank statements, etc. to accurately reflect the income listed on the FA application. Identifies appropriate fields or data to be included in the FA application for each patient.
- Processes completed FA applications via the Financial Assistance Calculator. Ensures appropriate approval signature(s) are collected as per the FA guideline, enters thorough notes regarding application details, requests appropriate adjustment(s), submits letters to the patient / family detailing outcome of application, and scans and indexes the application into a repository.
- Assists patients / families in seeking out other funding sources by assisting patients / families through the FA process, and coordinating self-pay balances through payment arrangements.
- Monitors new policies and procedures, participates in team meetings, and reads and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Meets exceptional customer service expectations and standards as outlined in the department performance metrics and scorecard expectations
- Acts as a subject matter expert and resource to others. Receives incoming calls, and makes outbound calls as needed to patients.
- Demonstrated typing proficiency.
- Three years of customer service experience within the last five years
- One-year billing medical claims or demonstrated experience in the following: a) complex problem solving experience, b) ability to communicate and problem solve issues professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in a role requiring responsible, sound, objective decision making using the information that is available.
- Experience in a role requiring organization, prioritization and accuracy.
- Experience working effectively in time sensitive situations, coordinating multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing.
- Able to work in a diverse, fast paced, visionary work environment.
- One-year experience with Revenue Cycle Organization.
- Knowledge of different income sources and situations that may be unique to the self-employed, farmeers, internationally based patients, etc.
- Experience finding medical funding sources for patients, such as Medicaid, CHIP, etc.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking.
Needing Bi-lingual Spanish speaking.
Required / Desired Skills:
Required / Desired
Demonstrated typing proficiency.
Three years of customer service experience within the last five years
One year billing medical claims or demonstrated experience in the following: a) complex problem solving experience,
b) ability to communicate and problem solve issues professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
Experience in a role requiring responsible, sound, objective decision making using the information that is available.
Experience in a role requiring organization, prioritization and accuracy.
Bi-lingual Spanish speaking required
Tel: (248) 234-4183