This is a 4-5 month contract role located in Springfield, MA.
The IT Auditor will assist in developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to IT, operational, and control risks. This individual will conduct audits that assess the adequacy of controls for adherence to established policies, procedures, good business practices, and compliance with relevant regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Core competencies include the ability to adapt to change, build effective working relationships, successfully plan and organize projects, and positively impact and influence others.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Auditor’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Vice President of Audit in the annual risk-based audit planning and scoping process.
- Drive change to improve the overall audit function by providing input on design and implementation of audit tools, policies, procedures, documentation and a governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) system. Use of Archer GRC tool.
- Act as liaison between external auditors, regulators, contract firms, and internal personnel to ensure timely delivery of requirements and that issues are addressed appropriately.
- Overall coordination of the Service Organization Control (SOC) engagement conducted by our external auditors.
- Identification of risks, assessment of key controls, and the development of appropriate testing strategies.
- Draft and conduct audit plans, obtain and review evidence ensuring conclusions are well documented.
- Provide value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls/business processes.
- Partner with management to serve as a business advisor by maintaining positive relationships.
- Participate or lead special projects as needed to address issues that arise or assist other areas within the organization.
- Understanding of change management, project management, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and/or security controls, is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years IT audit experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. A high degree of interpersonal skills, time management and organization skills are necessary.
- Self-starter, proven leadership ability, history of high level/quality performance and accomplishments.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with IT control frameworks and security controls is a plus.
- Use of GRC tools and familiarity with the Archer tool is also a plus.