Lease Operator – Pecos, Texas (Job Code: F92)
Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. is a Houston-based energy company actively engaged in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas from resource plays located in the United States. The Company has established itself as one of the most experienced resource play companies in the industry, having drilled over 900 horizontal wells since the early 2000’s. The Company’s operations are principally focused in proven, producing oil and gas plays primarily in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas and the Delaware Basin in West Texas.
Carrizo is expanding their operations in the Delaware Basin, adding approximately 16,508 net acres recently acquired from ExL Petroleum Management, LLC in Reeves and Ward counties.
Carrizo is building a team to develop and support our new assets. We offer highly competitive salaries, annual incentive plans, and generous benefits. Carrizo seeks an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Lease Operatorbased in thePecos, Texasarea.
As a Lease Operator you are responsible for surveillance and overall upkeep of oil and gas lease sites. Under general supervision, this position prepares, maintains, and submits daily reports and records of daily gas and/or liquid volume, well pressure and volume of chemicals used, to ensure wells are operating and producing efficiently. Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Gather and report production on assigned wells and report gauge readings, downtime and other pertinent well information
- Perform daily operational check on assigned wells and associate equipment and facilities, and perform repairs as necessary
- Witness purchaser’s gauges and tests, ensuring accuracy of run tickets
- Note problems and/or recommend courses of action to supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells and make necessary adjustments; monitor chemical use and inspect wells to maximize production
- Monitor pump-off controllers, inspect for leaks and lost production
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases for which pumper is responsible
Successful candidate must have minimum High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 5 yearsoil and gas industry experience as a Lease Operator. Candidate must possess excellent mechanical and analytical skills and have a valid TX driver’s license.
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume (referencing applicable job code) to Careers@Carrizo.comHelp. We will contact qualified candidates directly to conduct interviews.
To learn more about Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc., please visit our website www.carrizo.com (NASDAQ: CRZO).