Temporary General Laborer
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The position is located at our Long Beach, WA. Receiving Station.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the restoration of wooden cranberry crates by removing defective wood and replacing with new wood components.
- Responsible for the safe operation of tools used for the repair of bins; these include a pneumatic stapler, nail gun, hammer and pry bar.
- Accountable to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area. Logging daily production results.
- Advises the Supervisor or Lead Worker of any operational problems, equipment failure, or safety and quality issues.
- Required to attend work on a timely and consistent basis. Ability to work overtime as required.
- Prior manufacturing, forklift, and working with wood products and tools experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Have the ability to work in a team environment, follow instructions, and keep accurate records.
- Prior experience in a food processing facility an asset.
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Experience with carpentry and power tools an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Use of Biometrics for time reporting/clocking in and out is required.
- All job offers are contingent on successful criminal background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.