Symbia Logistics is in search of a Director in Maintenance for all our plants. Starting wages are $100k to $120k with great benefits
The Maintenance Director is responsible for overseeing of maintenance functions in all facilities located throughout North America. The role of this position is to recruit key maintenance talent for the plant operations teams, develop strong training and development plans for the maintenance associates, develop consistent maintenance processes, audit the Plants for continuous improvement and machine safety and provide additional support as needed to ensure the plants have people and processes in place to keep their machinery and facilities running efficiently and effectively.
The Maintenance Director will coordinate with the Operations Directors within their region to ensure efficiency throughout the region. Directs and administers the entire maintenance program, including but not limited to supervision of maintenance tasks, preparation and implementation of budgets, preventative maintenance programs, 5S maintenance departments, forklift maintenance, record keeping, preparation of schedules, hiring, disciplining, evaluating and termination of personnel, and performance of work orders and other jobs as required.
- Take ownership of all Maintenance Improvement projects and ensure that work is being completed properly and in a timely manner
- Communicate regularly with Plant Managers for oversight of maintenance mechanic performance at the facilities
- Communicate regularly with the Vice President and Operations Directors to provide maintenance updates
- Collaborate with Finance and Purchasing to insure maintenance costs are properly planned and reconciled.
- Obtain bids and oversee the work for any maintenance projects assigned to the company
- Utilize maintenance management software and other technologies to advance and streamline processes
- Responsible in making sure that maintenance personnel are continually being educated on safe working conditions
- Responsible for providing any development/training needs to on-site maintenance personnel.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Shift and job duties may vary as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of Maintenance Management/Engineering experience – degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Five years management experience with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, communication and planning
- Some experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques, or equivalent manufacturing efficiency protocols
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word and excel)
- Prefer experience and proficiency in CAD.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Determination/willingness to work long and hard to grow a business
- Ability to problem solve by using creativity and independent thinking
- Sense of urgency
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to travel 70% of the time
- Full-time permanent position
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance available
- Paid Vacation and Holiday
- Competitive Pay and opportunity for professional advancement.
Manufacturing, Industrial, Logistics, Production, Maintenance, Director, Mechanic