The Manufacturing Leadership Development program at Weyerhaeuser provides an opportunity for accelerated career development for select college graduates. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated individuals to participate in robust hands-on learning experiences at our manufacturing facilities. The program is designed to provide early career hires with the necessary knowledge, experience and skill to fill future leadership positions within our wood products manufacturing business units. This position will be located at our Holden, LA lumber operations.
While in the program, employees will be accountable for growing their leadership abilities, technical skills, general business knowledge and developing a broad understanding of the manufacturing process. Participants will be mentored by seasoned technical and operations professionals as they are challenged to find innovative ways to create value while improving results. Throughout the assignments, there will be a heavy emphasis placed on safety, teamwork and process improvement.
Upon successful completion of the program, a new/advanced role will be identified based on performance.
Weyerhaeuser representatives will be conducting on-site campus interviews during the Spring semester at the following universities: Louisiana State University, Southern University and Southeastern Louisiana
Position start date: May/June 2018
· Lead/participate in targeted project assignments to improve plant performance
· Quickly get up to speed and deliver solid results in functional assignments
· Complete the leadership development curriculum
· Participate in leadership learning and activities
· Gain exposure to other business units and cross-functional teams
· Actively seek leadership experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Wood Science or Operations/manufacturing disciplines
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and build relationships.
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
- Eligible to work in the US permanently without sponsorship
Previous relevant internships/co-ops in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.