Our client is seeking a Measurement Technician to join their team in Houston, TX for a long-term opportunity.
- Verify that the automation and measurement equipment is installed per applicable company standards
- Perform routine measurement functions such as verifying/calibrating gas and liquid custody transfer measurement equipment
- Retrieve gas and liquid samples
- Develop and maintain the proper Meter documentation, RTU configurations, well pad assessment documentation to be filed in company data base system
- With guidance, perform routine maintenance of custody transfer gas and liquid measurement equipment used in LACT and EFM systems
- Provide field technical support and commissioning of the measurement equipment
- Monitor and maintain the measurement automation equipment
- Oversee and work with contractors performing measurement and automation equipment installations
- Work closely with Field Operations, Measurement Technical Services, Applied Technology/SCADA and Measurement Data Services departments
- Witness 3rd party custody measurement equipment calibrations, oil tank sales, oil meter provings, grind outs, etc.
- Provide on-site measurement assistance to Production group as required.
- Follow and promote HSE Safety standards.
- Minimum of six months’ experience in oil and natural gas production and gathering operations.
- Need to have experience with Flowcal
- Some.Net Development experience
- Working knowledge of a Televent Application
- Computer skills using various programs including most Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent