Our client is seeking a full-time Measurement Technician to join their team in Houston, TX.
- Verify that the automation and measurement equipment is installed per applicable company standards
- Perform routine measurement functions such as verifying / calibrating gas and liquid custody transfer measurement equipment.
- Retrieve gas and liquid samples.
- Develop and maintain the proper Meter documentation, RTU configurations, well pad assessment documentation to be filed in company data base system.
- With guidance, perform routine maintenance of custody transfer gas and liquid measurement equipment used in LACT and EFM systems.
- Provide field technical support and commissioning of the measurement equipment.
- Monitor and maintain the measurement automation equipment.
- Oversee and work with contractors performing measurement and automation equipment installations.
- Work closely with Field Operations, Measurement Technical Services, Applied Technology / SCADA and Measurement Data Services departments.
- Maintain and follow all compliance with Texas Railroad Commission, BLM onshore orders #3, #4 and #5, API and GPA industry standards for liquid and gas measurement.
- Utilize TESTit, PROVEit and Share Point for maintaining schedules and documentation.
- Witness 3rd party custody measurement equipment calibrations, oil tank sales, oil meter provings, grind outs, etc.
- Provide on-site measurement assistance to Production group as required.
- Follow and promote HSE Safety standards.
- Minimum of six months’ experience in oil and natural gas production and gathering operations.
- Working knowledge of EFM / RTU Platforms (Emerson, etc.), radio and field infrastructure communications (MDS, Freewave, etc.) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a Cygnet Platform SCADA system is preferred.
- Experience using Fisher ROC, ABB Totalflow and Micro Motion environment is preferred.
- Computer skills using various programs including most Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Various EFM application software such as ROCLINK, PCCU, Prolink, TESTit and PROVEit preferred.
- Knowledge of primary measurement devices such as Coriolis, orifice, turbine, rotary.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to lift at least fifty pounds and work in harsh weather conditions.