Willamette Valley Cancer Institute is looking to add a Certified Medical Assistant to its team in Eugene Oregon. As part of the Gynecological Oncology (GynOnc) department, this MA would be an integral part of this specialized Oncology department. Along with the typical MA duties such as rooming patients and taking vitals, this person would have additional clerical duties including surgical scheduling, and more hands on assisting with the physician. It is imperative to have team player mentality for this role, as working in a cohesive group is crucial. This person must also be incredibly organized, able to help support the daily patient flow. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Eugene, OR
Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, answering phones, and maintaining physician’s schedule. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
Experience and Education:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Medical scheduling experience preferred. Surgical scheduling strongly preferred.
More About The Company
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends. We are committed to excellence which means providing the latest in cancer-fighting medical treatments and technologies.
Located in the beautiful Eugene-Springfield area, a mid-sized community where you can experience the splendor of all four seasons in a moderate climate. The South Willamette Valley is known for being wine country, and Eugene is a haven for wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts. Superb skiing or a walk on the beach is within an hour's drive. Home to TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon, it's a mecca for runners and fans of track and football.
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, WVCI participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 71 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield communities with three clinical offices located throughout the Central Oregon area.
To learn more about WVCI and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.oregoncancer.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.