We are an established and growing Healthcare Services Company and are looking for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our team just West of Boston close to 128 and the MA Pike.
We are an entrepreneurial company, looking for someone who is positive, flexible, committed, responsible, mature, a fast learner, a great communicator internal as well as external, open to ideas and direction and who will offer suggestions and solutions. This position offers an interesting, challenging and rewarding position in an environment with a path to advancement.
As Medical Billing Specialist you will be responsible for all aspects of the billing process and ensure that claims are filed accurately and paid timely. You will interact with providers, insurance carriers, patients, and attorneys to ensure that clients receive fast and maximum reimbursements.
- Provide excellent client service
- Ensure that all charges are submitted in a timely manner, typically within 24 hours
- Transmit claims electronically or printed
- Post payments from insurance carriers and patients
- Handle telephone and email inquiries from patients, clients and insurance adjusters
- Manage client A/R with diligent and timely follow up
- Resolve claims issues and submit appeals on claims
- Provide training and guidance to clients in order to improve the flow of information between the client and the company
- Work team oriented and build relationships throughout the organization
- Participate in team and/or management meetings to discuss improvements and best practices
Education, Training and Skills Required:
- Minimum High School degree
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing, medical claims processing, collections or related functions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Detail oriented
- Computer savvy and fast at data entry (60+ WPM)
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to work in both a team based environment and independently
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work simultaneously using good planning, organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding and familiarity with EOB’s and ERA’s
Being part of our team is many things – exciting, rewarding, fun and challenging. Because we are part of a dynamic industry there is a can-do, dynamic spirit, which inspires our people to keep pushing forward the boundaries for what we can accomplish for our clients.
We offer advancement opportunities for people with a client focused mind-set and the desire to make a positive impact. Working with us you will meet people with unique sets of skills, from a variety of cultures and we are always on the lookout for more talented individuals.
If you think we may be a fit for you, please reach out with your resume and an outline of your prior experience. We look forward to hearing from you!