Leading, well established Philadelphia based law firm is seeking a bright and experienced Litigation Paralegal to join their growing Lancaster County team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable, successful firm offering exciting and challenging work within a friendly, professional working environment.
The Litigation Paralegal will work very closely with top litigation partner and his team on insurance coverage, general liability, and other insurance defense litigation matters.
As Litigation Paralegal you will assist with all aspects of case preparation and file management from commencement through settlement or trial. You will be a key member of this team and must be able to independently perform a variety of duties such as preparing legal documents, correspondence, discovery, summarizing depositions, communicating with clients, etc.
Qualified candidates will be familiar with all aspects of litigation procedures, have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, and have 3-5+ years’ previous related paralegal experience. RecentInsurance defense experience required.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Draft routine or complex legal documents for review and use by attorneys
- Review, organize, and summarize case materials
- Conduct legal research and investigations as needed and directed
- Draft pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and response, general correspondence, interrogatories / answers, other legal documents, etc.
- Assist in deposition preparation, pre-trial investigations, and trial preparation, including assistance with preparation of witnesses for deposition and / or trial
- Prepare exhibits and other demonstrative evidence for use at trial
- Previous trial preparation and trial experience
- Ability to attend and provide assistance at trial if needed
The successful candidate must have solid research and writing skills along with excellent interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organization, time management, proofreading, and multi-tasking skills are required for successful achievement of position goals in this fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will be motivated, self-directed, flexible, highly skilled, and be able to effectively work independently and as part of the team.
Competitive compensation including bonus eligibility, comprehensive benefits, and paid time off package offered. This is a full time, direct hire, permanent position. For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their confidential resume ASAP.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- 3-5+ years’ Paralegal experience
- Recent Insurance Defense Litigation experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Must be a self-directed, team player
keywords: paralegal, litigation paralegal, senior paralegal, law firm, legal assistant, trial paralegal, legal, complex litigation, insurance defense litigation, insurance defense paralegal, defense litigation, defense paralegal, subrogation, subrogation paralegal, insurance coverage, labor and employment, general liability, general liability paralegal, medical malpractice, products liability, commercial litigation, liability, construction, defense litigation, insurance defense, bad faith, insurance coverage, paralegal, insurance paralegal, defense paralegal, litigation paralegal, professional paralegal, legal paralegal