Pharmacy Technicians Needed
Salt Lake City VA Medical Center
Salt Lake City, UT
Term/ Length of Contract: 5Years
Contact: Nikki Maisonet 770-357-2400 ext. 3406 or nmaisonet @ cadgov.com
Location: SLC VA Medical Center (The George E. Wahlen Medical Center, SLC, UT)
Schedule: 40 hours per week
CADUCEUS Healthcare specializes in staffing civilian healthcare professionals for U.S. military and government facilities and organizations primarily for multiple year assignments. We continue to build on our 8 years of success and unmatched growth having just achieved 3 consecutive years on the Inc. 500 and Hispanic Business 100 lists as one of the fastest growing businesses nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for Pharmacy Technicians to work at the George E. Wahlen Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. This position offers a rewarding and unique healthcare opportunity to give back to our men and women in uniform, including their immediate family members. Below is a summary of the responsibilities, required education, experience and skills we’re looking for in the best-fit candidate for this highly desirable opportunity.
- Shall be 18 years of age and have a high school Diploma or GED.
- Passed the National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PCTB) exam or have or have 1-year experience or college have completed college courses in the sciences or mathematics.
- Experience with computer systems such as VISTA, CPRS, ScriptPro, Talyst, Microsoft Office and Pyxis preferred.
- Must be a US citizen
- Reads and interprets prescriptions
- Obtains proper medication or material in the proper strength and dosage
- Determine proper amounts and counts
- Pours, measures the prescription
- Affixes proper label
- Records required data on Pharmacy’s copy of prescription/order
- After final check by Pharmacist, dispenses medication in ambulatory care or discharge situations.
- For unit-dose medications, performs final review of medication when prepared by another technician, to be dispensed to inpatient areas (med carts, ward stock, etc.)
Contact Nikki Maisonet at (O) (770)357-2400 ext:3406 or (C) (404)388-4644; email CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp