Wheelabrator Technologies is the second largest U.S. energy-from-waste business, and is an industry leader in the conversion of everyday residential and business waste into clean energy. Wheelabrator has a platform of 23 power-producing assets across the U.S. and U.K.--19 energy-from-waste facilities, four independent power plants as well as four ash monofills and three transfer stations. Wheelabrator has an annual waste processing capacity of over 7.5 million tons, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 853 megawatts--enough energy to power more than 805,000 homes. Wheelabrator also recovers metals for recycling into commercial products. The company's vision To develop, deliver and realize the potential of clean energy speaks to Wheelabrator's ongoing commitment to the development of clean energy solutions for its customers and local communities.
Wheelabrator is owned by Energy Capital Partners, an energy-focused private equity firm. For more on Energy Capital Partners, please visit www.ecpartners.com. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com.
Our Wheelabrator facility in Frackville, PA is currently looking for a Plant Operator who is confident and enthusiastic individual will maintain a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient boiler operation including maintaining productive boiler combustion, steam flows, and optimize generation, burnout, in-plant power combustion, and flue gas emissions. Monitor plant operational and emissions data. Detect and respond to changing conditions with regard to maximizing plant safety, environmental compliance and efficiency. Coordinate, direct, and train Assistant Utility Operator, Utility Operator and Assistant Plant Operator and other plant personnel, as required. Perform equipment inspections during outages. As needed, perform physical duties associated with maintaining boilers and various equipment within the plant.
- May lead, guide and direct 2-5 employees to maintain safety and in operation of plant.
- As requested, "Fill in" as acting Shift Supervisor.
- Two years working in a power plant environment as an Assistant Plant Operator (APO) or comparable position; or 5 years related experience or training in power plant environment
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform such tasks as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking, and equipment inspections
- Skills, experience, and knowledge sufficient to acquire ASME QRO Provisional license. (ASME: American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Math skills sufficient to complete required job functions
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation and control of a steam generating power plant
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations.
- Lift moderate to heavy material 50 lbs.
- Move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating, wet and muddy areas and uneven surfaces.
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
- Operate other equipment including, but not limited to, industrial forklifts, manlifts, skid steer type loaders, and other mobile equipment
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12" by 16" manways
Power up your career by calling today!!
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.