Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our team in Blue Bell, PA. The qualified candidate will perform the Project Accounting function, ensure accurate and timely accounting processes, and proactively support Operations in serving our end client.
- PERFORM DAY TO DAY PROJECT ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Process invoicing in accordance with client requirements within the currently established procedures. Verify that all charges billed to the client can be supported with original input documents.
- Utilize executed contracts and contract modifications to approve and maintain Project Set Up in our accounting system.
- Manage revenue by completing budget changes and variance adjustments as needed and as per month end schedule.
- Provide support in the preparation of bi-weekly financial reports, including review of project key indicators, A/R and WIP accounts. Provide information and assistance in the preparation of month end financial analysis.
- SUPPORT CLIENT NEEDS
- Provide assistance, financial information, and training to Operations staff as required, to include training on the company intranet, the understanding and communication of policies and procedures, and assistance with financial information.
- Work with Operations to enhance the flow of information to the Project Accounting team.
- Maintain communications with Project Managers and key Operations personnel regarding Project Accounting functions and changes that may impact their financial results.
- IMPROVE PROJECT ACCOUNTING PROCESSES
- Provide input and support to the development and implementation of new initiatives to improve Project Accounting processes.
- ENHANCE CROSS FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Actively participate as a member of the North American Project Accounting Team.
- Actively manage horizontal relationships between the various Operations, Accounting and Project Accounting groups.
- ENSURE THAT RECORD RETENTION REQUIREMENTS ARE FOLLOWED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; Non-degreed candidates with relevant experience will be considered
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with deadlines
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of BST Enterprise Accounting System
- Previous experience with accounting for Engineering Consulting services
- Previous experience with invoicing US Federal contracts
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.