Project Manager - IT
- Job Label:
The Project Manager – IT is responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their cost, time and scope. Responsibilities include: project plan, communication plan, allocating tasks and setting milestones.
· Principal work is managing varied complex types of IT projects within a program structure.
· Coordinating and organizing non-project / ongoing activities. For example, periodic reviews of important IT metrics.
· Act as an expert consultant and mentor IT staff on organizing tasks and information.
· Act as a business analyst to understand the problem domain well.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Ensure that multiple projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Develop scope, objectives and a detailed project plan to track progress of multiple projects
· Use appropriate verification techniques to manage definition of, and changes to, the multiple project scope, schedule and costs
· Measure the multiple project’s performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize the multiple project’s risks
· Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation on each of the projects
· BS in Computer Science, MIS or related field. MBA is a plus.
· 10+ years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years as a Project Manager and 2 years managing Agile projects
· Prior experience managing development, infrastructure, and business projects
· Expertise with Kanban, Scrum methodologies
· Certified Scrum Master
· Excellent communication skills
· Bias for action
· Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
· Problem-solving aptitude; Driver; Results oriented personality
· Experience in a scrappy, high growth environment is a plus
· Experience in working in financial services regulatory compliance based organizations is a plus
· Prior experience as a business analyst or data analyst is a plus
· Career development goals/interest towards VP, Engineering or IT Management
Hanson McClain Advisors is an independent investment financial advisory firm that specializes in retirement planning, investment advising, and 401(k) management with a direct approach to financial planning. Hanson McClain delivers long and short-term investment planning solutions and advice to help clients achieve their goals and plan strategically for retirement. Scott Hanson, and the firm’s co-founder Pat McClain, originally came from a large impersonal firm, with sales quotas, no real client support, and commission-based investment products. Out of a desire to provide client-centric advice and services, rather than just sell products, they decided to make a change. They formed Hanson McClain Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, dedicated to providing financial education and services.
In addition to founding Hanson McClain Advisors, which has grown to over four thousand clients and more than $2 billion under management and administration, Hanson and McClain have been educating listeners on their radio show, “Money Matters,” for more than two decades. The radio program, a financial topic call-in show, is now broadcast to nearly thirty-seven million people.
- Related Keywords:
- IT projects, project manager, Scrum, Kanaban, IT, program manager, financial services