Primary responsibility is working with the targeted customers to assist in the quotation and selling of engineered pumping equipment. This will include ownership of the development, implementation and execution of New Equipment strategies and tactics in support of the sale of Company products
• Travel to select customers and prospects to develop personal relationships with key contacts, explore opportunities, and solicit inquiries and / or orders. Develop a working knowledge of customer’s processes, organizations and overall business plans to gain a competitive selling advantage for the Company
• Prepare and present technical sales presentations to customer decision makers to promote company product offering and / or confirm that proposed service(s) and/or product(s) comply with the customer requirements / specifications.
• Investigate and coordinate the resolution of customer problems related to product, delivery or service.
• As required, travel to customer locations to provide technical assistance, trouble shooting, and the commissioning of SPX Flow products.
· Meet annual sales quota.
· Develop key relationships at strategic accounts to include customer categorization of top 10 accounts along with “B” and” C” account categorization.
· Submit formal documentation for transfer of responsibility to the Aftermarket salesman and end of project.
· Complete monthly reports accurately and on time
· Engineered rotating equipment experience selling to engineering firms, headquarters accounts, end-users and/or OEM’s.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude supporting the translation of customer problems into SPX Flow solutions.
· Possesses flexibility and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
• Ability to review customer supplied specifications, P&ID, and data sheets as they pertain to specific job and apply to SPX Flow solution offering to determine the best selections suited for purpose and application.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat as they relate to job usage. Basic proficiency with 2D/3D CAD programs is a plus.
• Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
• Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within the industrial marketplace, e.g. Oil/Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, and Power Generation industries.
· Action oriented with a focus to overcome obstacles and maintain customer defined timelines
· Comfortable working within a self-directed environment while sensitive to reporting obligations supporting a results driven organization.
• Proficiency in English is required, other languages will be helpful.
Bachelor's degree, an engineering discipline is a plus, from four-year College or university.
Aligning Performance for Success
Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas and plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.