New Story is currently seeking to fill the position of Full-Time School Counselor to work in our Wyoming School.
The School Counselor works collaboratively with other members of the multidisciplinary team and is responsible for guidance in the development and maintenance of the school counseling program. This position focuses on the needs of both the individual student and the entire school community, and is responsible for the delivery of counseling services and providing education for school/community concerns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting prescribed individual/group counseling sessions
- Conducting needs assessments on an ongoing basis
- Develop/implement IEP goals individualized to the student
- Developing materials for use in individual/group counseling sessions
- Oversee therapeutic relationships between staff and students
- Develop and update behavior/treatment plans as necessary
Qualifications for the School Counselor:
- Master's degree in mental health related field
- Valid PA professional license in the field of counseling or social work OR Certified School Counselor
- Minimum of two (2) years experience providing individual/group counseling services to children