ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Prepare monthly prebills for distribution to attorneys, including for more complex/difficult client bills.
- Communicate with attorneys and secretaries to address any billing questions or report requests.
- Edit, prepare and finalize monthly prebills.
- Work with Collections staff to collect aged accounts receivables.
- Monitor the e-billing process for those clients that are electronically billed to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted.
- Verify daily new business memo and ensure correct input of information and special billing arrangements for assigned clients.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Maintain billing filing system on a monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to use critique of work to improve performance
- Identify issues and problems with assignments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with specific deadlines; strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with stress around deadlines
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two year degree required, with four year college degree preferred, with specialization in accounting or finance preferred
- 3+ years law firm billing experience required